Breakthroughs and advancements in the fields of biology and medicine often correspond with new technologies that enable improved measurement, analysis, and synthesis as tools for innovative research.
The Scientific Equipment Center of the Bar-Ilan Medicine Faculty in Tzafed houses brand new, state of the art instrumentation and provides resources for scientists, both resident and external (Hospitals and industry) by trained staff, for reasonable fees. Our primary objective is to make available the best possible equipment, in addition to giving the highest level of service to the neighboring biological and biomedical community. The center is equipped with a wide range of novel bio-technological research equipment and provides services in various fields, including live imaging and confocal microscopy, histology, flow cytometry and cell sorting, spectral measurements, centrifugation, chromatography, gel documentation, proteomics, real-time PCR and sequencing, as well as analytical services.
The Animal Facility of the Faculty of Medicine in Galilee, Bar-Ilan University
Advanced specific pathogen free (SPF):
- – 280 square feet of animal facility.
- Bio metric and security cameras as a bio safety for the people who allowed entering.
- 2500 mouse cages and ability to work with other rodents.
- Air lock bio mechanism between each room and air pressure monitoring (positive/negative pressure between the clean and non clean area).
- Behavior rooms research with fear conditioning and water maze.
- Special day/night room.
- Procedure room including biologic vaporizer and anesthetic machines.
- Special new equipment, from the newest to the advanced, in Israel.
- 24 hours 365 days temp, moisture electricity, and other conditions with the newest technology.